Friday, June 12, 2015

Week 2

 i have been DYING to talk to my family. Dying dead. gone. splat. haha jk jk. 
I miss having our family dinners so dont you dare forget how great our family is! Being at the CCM is so awesome and I am loving it and meeting everybody. Our district and the district above us is getting really close which is awesome. I am able to go play volleyball almost everyday and am able to get in a little run even though it is like 21313 degrees outside!! Ok not that bad, but man do I miss the beach. 
Sometimes when I wake up it smells like fish. ya. fish like when you go to the harbor at oceanside but 10x more intense than that. Also. I am so close to the beach I just want to go swimming!!! Esecially when I am crammed on one of the buses to go out into the city. You are seriously like a pack of sardines in a can and they just push more and more people onto the bus in order to get more money out of it. Because we are a pack of white people, buses love to stop for us because they know that we have money and will get on. It is half a sole to get on a bus which is like less than a quarter so its not too bad of a deal. 
The lingo of the CCM: que en el mundo!? (what in the world) hahaha thats what everyone says over here. also esta bien which just means its ok. :)
 So this week was a lot like the first week. it was a lot harder for me because i got super sick in the middle of the week and just wanted my momma and her soup and hugs haha but esta bien. my companions are awesome and i got through it and managed to make all of my classes. also, spanish is so crazy hard. i understand how to say things, i understand how to conjugate but when natives get talking i have the hardest time! and its kinda frustrating because my group expects me to understand everything and translate and respond about the gospel. i am just so excited to be able to be fluent haha. class is good though and im learning a ton! We got to go to the temple again and just every time it amazes me how the spirit works. so crazy. and how many temple videos do they have?! i have never seen a repeat haha. love it. 
this week we had a girl leave and so my trio turned into a duo which was kinda sad, but itll be better prep for the mission field. can i just say that i absolutely adore latinos?! every 2 weeks we get more people and send off a bunch of latinos y avancados (advanced) to the mission field. sad, but exciting because we get more friends! The latinas in this group are to die for!! soooo cute!!! i just gave my little intro and they just smiled and talked and gave me a kiss on the cheek. i. love. this. culture. There shops are so crazy too. and everyone just kinda stares at me and especially my hair haha.
The spirit is so strong especially when you enter into the temple. There you dont think of the differences or the stress.... it just disappears and you feel so insanely happy. I love it. Yall better get yourself to the temple because it is the place to be! I love being in here and how close everyone gets in such a little time! Dont forget that your Heavenly Father knows EXACTLY who you are and all He is waiting for is for you to be humble enough to bless you!! 
Spanish is hard. Really hard. But thats not the most important thing you learn in the CCM. If you cant learn how to speak through the Spirit than you are not going to be able to touch anyones life. I love you all so much and pray for you in my broken spanish every night. Pray for me and pray for the people of Peru.

-- 
Xoxo, Hermana Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment