Friday, June 12, 2015

Hermana Barbie Has Landed!!

Hi everybody!! I know thatI am awful at this whole email thing, but while in the field I will try harder. Well I am finally an actual field missionary and holy cammoli it is definitely different than anything I ever imagined. Everything is different. The people, the place, and the language!! Dont even get me started! Haha thankfully I am doing ok and I can get my words out.... less than half the time, but more than a fourth and apparently thats pertty good so I am counting my blessings!! 
What can I say? I am tall, white, and blonde with blue eyes and so lots of the time people just stare at me and ask me why i am there. WELL LET ME TELL YOU. Guys they basically aske me to teach the gospel. Its sweet. Many of them call me Hermana Barbie ahem HENCE MY SUBJECT LINE and I think I have seen a total of1 person that is taller than me hahaha. I love the kids here, you guys. They are so precious and even though I have no idea what theyre saying they totally accept me and take me hand. Alright. My heart is stolen.
This place makes me appreciate all that I have for sure. First day I walk out and the streets smell like... how do I putthis nicely,,,, poop. Dogs Everywhere. Dirt Everywhere. and I showered with a bucket. HAHAHA. Ohhhh baby. ice ice water and in a bucket. Let me tell you, that experience woke me up in more ways than one. But the people here are so apprecitative of what they have. They dont need much and when they said that Peruvian food was the best THEY WERENT LYING. Its delicious! I normally eat fruit in themorning and at night and a huge meal for lunch. Occasionally we will get some sort of pan which is always heavenly. And get this! They have a banana apple baby fruit!! HOW AWESOME ARE YOU PARUANOS.
My companion is a sweet heart and has all the patience in the world with a gringa who speaks little to no spanish and has helped me aton! She is teeny tiny and a spunky Ecuadorian who will definitely speak her mind, but say it in a way that just makes you want to be better and knows the scriptures like no ones business. 
My third day in and I was able to ask an investigador (juan jose) to baptism and he accepted a date!! The only problem is he didnt go to flabbin church on sunday so we gotta him a hard time forthat.haha. And so, the time gets pushed back. We are hoping on another man and his son how look promising and I legit say his face disharden when I felt the spirit enter. SO COOL:
Guys. The mission life is hard. Never have I ever had to encounter something like this. Satan knows our weaknesses, but the good thing isthat God knows EVERYTHING. When I am having a rough time, when I have done my best. All I have left is to rely on the Lord and I literally feel the weight lifted off my shoulders. I miss you all! Attend the temple, pray for missionaries. Honestly, we need them. Ciao Ciao. 

--
Xoxo, Hermana Adams :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment