Sunday, June 28, 2015

Baby its Cold Outside!!! QUE EN EL MUNDO

Hey everyone!!!
You know how everyone said that Peru meant hot, and sun, and tan, and etc etc? Ok guys. Let me clear the air, thats not exactly true. I had to pull out the parka in June!! My body does not understand how it is cold during this time of year haha. Thanks mama for making me pack my coat. 
This week I definitely was able to realize that missionary work is legit THE WORK OF CHRIST. If He was on the earth, rn, he would be doing the exact same thing. Walking the same streets, talking to the same people, He would be my companion! The thing that took me forever to realize is that He is my companion. Right now, He is the one teaching this people and I need to be an open vessel. Its a lot harder than it sounds tbh. You have to be willing to fully, fully become humble enough to open your mouth even when you can only think of 3 words in spanish. Im learning to get over it and try and talk anyways. God has such a great plan for us that we just gotta NIKE and do it! 
Yesterday I was able to go to the temple dedication for Trujillo. Right when I walked in I noticed 2 things. How much I MISS english -english hymns, apostoles talked in english etc- and how much God love his temple. Felt like I had walked into a wall because BOOM THE SPIRIT. You know how when I feel this spirit a lot of the times I just cry? Ya. Exactly what happened almost the whole time. The temple is the house of God and I want everyone to get to feel of this amazing, amazing blessing that we have. During the session, President Uchtdorf talked and spoke of a man who in a dream was told that he would be visited the approximate day. The man cleaned his whole shop and waited and waited and waited. While waiting, he gave service to a solider who needed food, shelter to a mother and child, and mercy to a little boy who stole. He never saw the Savior, but at the end of the day, he felt a voice mention that these people, the people he gave service to were Christ. When we are in the service of another we are only in the service of our God. Such a good reminder that we need to look at each person as if they were our Savior. With that much love. BOOM. BLOWN AWAY. You never know what difference you will make!
My prayers and fasts go to the Openshaw family. Broke my heart to hear about the news, but I hope they know how loved they are. I dont know why it was meant to happen like this, but I know that God has a plan for each and every one of his children. Sometimes we need to experience things to reach a higher potential and need to just have faith that He really does know what is best. If i can do anything at all, please let me know!
I love all you a ton!! I hope to hear from you guys! Knowing that you guys believe in me makes all the difference. I hope you had a fantastic Fathers Day and that my fam took care of Pops!! He deserves it!!! Send a hug around from me to all of you. Haha so much love for yall. Until Next Week!

--
Xoxo, Hermana Adams :)

No comments:

Post a Comment